Do I have to declare my spouse annulment in my I-485 employment-based Green Card application?

Asked about 1 year ago - Dallas, TX

I am waiting to file I-485 employment-based green card application. My spouse has an annulment in our home country before. My question is do I have to declare it? My spouse does not have the annulment document with her though.

1. John Ting

5

Answered . Is there something on the I-485 form that suggests that you need to disclose your spouse's prior marriage's annulment? There's no question requesting this information. Make sure your priority date is current before you file the IV package. Good luck.

2. Madhu Kalra

Pro

5

Answered . If there is annulment with your spouse, you must disclose it. The whole point is she will not be eligible to get green card as dependent at the same time when you receive green card. You should consult with an attorney to review your file and preparation of the application.

3. Alexander Joseph Segal

5

Answered . YOu have to provide all the information the form asks for.

4. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

3

Answered . Where in the 485 does it ask about spouse's prior marriages?

5. F. J. Capriotti III

2

Answered . No document? That can be a problem.

You s/he must always tell the truth-the-whole-truth-and-nothing-but-the-truth on all forms.

Consult with an immigration attorney to explore the true legal situation of your his/her marriage(s).