Do I have to declare my spouse annulment in my I-485 employment-based Green Card application?

Dallas, TX |

I am waiting to file I-485 employment-based green card application. My spouse has an annulment in our home country before. My question is do I have to declare it? My spouse does not have the annulment document with her though.

Is there something on the I-485 form that suggests that you need to disclose your spouse's prior marriage's annulment? There's no question requesting this information. Make sure your priority date is current before you file the IV package. Good luck.

Answers here do not create an attorney-client relationship. It is only for educational purposes. Contact Law Office of John Ting at 469-645-8464 or by email, John@JohnTingLaw.com. We're located at 4026 S. Buckner Blvd., Dallas, TX. Visit our website at www.JohnTingLaw.com.

On G-325A, there is a section that asked for former spouse information and date and place of termination of marriage. Is that only for divorce or applicable to annulment too?

John Ting

John Ting

The G-325a is not asking about the annulment, only about the date of marriage and date of termination of the same marriage.

Where in the 485 does it ask about spouse's prior marriages?

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

No document? That can be a problem.

You s/he must always tell the truth-the-whole-truth-and-nothing-but-the-truth on all forms.

Consult with an immigration attorney to explore the true legal situation of your his/her marriage(s).

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

If there is annulment with your spouse, you must disclose it. The whole point is she will not be eligible to get green card as dependent at the same time when you receive green card. You should consult with an attorney to review your file and preparation of the application.

Madhu Kalra Kalra Law Firm 23720 Arlington Avenue, Ste 5 Torrance, Ca 90501 (310) 325-9012 http://www.thekalrafirm.com

YOu have to provide all the information the form asks for.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.