Do I have to complete an affidavit of service after sending notice of entry to ex-husband

Brentwood, NY |

Divorce is Pro Se and there is a Judgement of Divorce on file.

Yes, do an affidavit of service, but keep it in your file--you don't have to file it in the County Clerk's office. Service of a copy of the judgment with notice of entry starts his appeal time, so you want to be able to prove when you served him.

I am not your attorney and any posts/messages or responses to posts/messages can not and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should not rely upon free legal advice, and I disclaim any liability for the outcome if you do. Any opinions offered on matters outside New York State are for general informational purposes only.

You don't have to file an Affidavit of Service.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been handling criminal defense and personal injury cases for over 17 years. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails, is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.