Do I have to complete an affidavit of service after sending notice of entry to ex-husband

Asked 6 months ago - Brentwood, NY

Divorce is Pro Se and there is a Judgement of Divorce on file.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Terry David Horner

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Yes, do an affidavit of service, but keep it in your file--you don't have to file it in the County Clerk's office. Service of a copy of the judgment with notice of entry starts his appeal time, so you want to be able to prove when you served him.

    I am not your attorney and any posts/messages or responses to posts/messages can not and do not establish an... more
  2. Eric Edward Rothstein

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You don't have to file an Affidavit of Service.

    I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been handling criminal defense and personal injury cases for... more

Related Topics


Divorce is the process of formally ending a marriage. Divorces may be jointly agreed upon, resolved by negotiation, or decided in court.

Do it yourself divorce

“Pro se” means to act as one’s own lawyer. While there are rare cases where it may be cheaper, a pro se divorce is usually not recommended.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

32,605 answers this week

3,568 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

32,605 answers this week

3,568 attorneys answering