Do i have to change my passport if i add middle name ?? i forgot to add it when i got my citizenship ? ? and i would like

Asked over 1 year ago - Pasadena, MD

to add middle name

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

4

Answered . No. you already asked this question before.

2. Kara Lien Roberts

2

Answered . If you want to add your middle name to your legal name, you will have to go through the state court to get your name legally changed. Once you do that, you will be able to apply for a new Certificate of Naturalization (form N-600). Once you have corrected your Citizenship Certificate, you can apply for a US Passport with your middle name. You cannot just add it to your passport unless you legally change your name. The only way to legally change it now is through the state court.

3. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . It would be a good idea.