Skip to main content

Do i have to change my passport if i add middle name ?? i forgot to add it when i got my citizenship ? ? and i would like

Pasadena, MD |

to add middle name

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


If you want to add your middle name to your legal name, you will have to go through the state court to get your name legally changed. Once you do that, you will be able to apply for a new Certificate of Naturalization (form N-600). Once you have corrected your Citizenship Certificate, you can apply for a US Passport with your middle name. You cannot just add it to your passport unless you legally change your name. The only way to legally change it now is through the state court.


No. you already asked this question before.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.For legal advice please contact us directly through one of the above.


It would be a good idea.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer