Do I have to change careers this late in game after commercial truck accident?

Asked over 5 years ago - Cherry Hill, NJ

2 years ago I was hit by Com.Truck my shoulder needed 2 surgeries& back 1 surgery
I have IR of 13% & cannot work anymore as photographer ($100K/yr)I am 56-Male. I think they sould pay me what would have earned based on National Average for my profession. I have been a photographer for 34 years, the truck company told me I am smart & should go do something else that is Not so physical,, I feel this is unfair since they caused the situation in the first place

yes , I did retain someone, and I thank you for your information & insight & professional objective opinions.

1. Philip L Faccenda

Pro

1

1

Answered . Your situation is very unfortunate, but you are entitled to full recovery. You have indicated the incident occurred 2 years ago but I am concerned becuase there is a 2 year deadline , referred to as the Statute of Limitations, that requires lawsuits for redress from such losses be filed within 2 years of the date of the incident. I hope and presume you have an attorney has filed suit for you, and your questions should be directed to him or her. If not, then your situation appears to require that counsel promptly file suit and retain the services of a vocational-economic loss specialist who can calculate the monetary loss you may be subject to as a result of your loss. In adition, there may be other forensic experts that may be able to further substantiate your losses. There must be valid proofs offered to substantiate your losses. Some situations will allow proofs to be offered by you, but other cases require expert witness proofs, based upon the facts of your case. Best regards.
    Philip L. Faccenda, Esq. http://FaccendaLawFirm.net

2. Philip L Faccenda

Pro

1

1