Do I have to be served by a sheriff if I was suppose to appear in court in another county?

Oak Grove, KY |
Filed under: Summons and complaint

I am just curious what the law in ky regards as far as notifying someone to appear in court if that person lives in the same state but different county.

1. Before you are required to appear in court, you must be served a subpoena or order to appear. If someone did not give one to you, you probably have not been served properly. If you have not been properly served a Kentucky subpoena or order to appear, while you were in Kentucky, you do not need to appear. This is all assuming you are asking about Kentucky state courts, not federal court.

This is general informational response is based only on the information given. It should not be relied upon without consulting a lawyer and getting a full consultation. This response to the question does not create an attorney-client relationship. This is general informational response is based only on the information given. It should not be relied upon without consulting a lawyer and getting a full consultation. This response to the question does not create an attorney-client relationship. Mark Solomon Criminal Defense Attorney Solomon Law, P.C. 2600 S. Parker Rd, Suite 3-134, Aurora, CO 80014 (720) 722-2050 http://www.solomonesq.com/

2. If you are PERSONALLY SERVED BY A SHERIFF or a Special Bailiff or a process server over 18 with valid legal service, you must comply. Before I ignored it, I would consult with legal counsel BEFORE i disregarded it.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..