Do I have to be officially handed a subpoena to be summons to testify?

Dallas, TX |

The state of Dallas is trying to issue me a subpoena to testify in a case that I don't want to testify in.They actually slid the paper through my front door and it was not handed to me.Am I required to be in court based on this fact?

It might not have been proper service. But odds are you were trying to evade service. That being said if you don't mind having the judge issue a bench warrant and hauling you out of your house or work and dragging you to the court house for failing to show up... Then just ignore it.

Know YOUR Rights. Take Action Now. CALL 855-648-4695. Legal disclaimer:This message does not constitute legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Any statements are made for general informational purposes and do not constitute legal advice. Mr. Crockett is licensed in Texas in Illinois only.

No I was NOT evading service I was NOT home.My question is am I officially served.

Brian Heath Crockett

Brian Heath Crockett

It depends on what the subpoena says. did it authorize them to leave it at your house. If so you are served.