Do I have to answer questions from a subrogation service regarding my medical case?

Asked over 2 years ago - Cincinnati, OH

Recently injured my hand and doctor found an old injury that must be fixed as well as current medical issue. Subrogation service wants to know all about old injury.

1. Michelle Lynn Marshall

Answered . Read the language of your medical policy with regard to subrogation. Generally, you need to comply with the insurer's requests in this regard and that will include providing information about current and previous injuries. Having that information allows the insurer to better assess their subrogation claim. When in doubt, consult with a local attorney who is able to read your policy and provide individualized guidance. I hope this has been helpful, and best of luck to you.