Do I have to answer all the questions on an Auto Accident Interrogatory?

Langhorne, PA |
Filed under: Lawsuits and disputes

Questions are: What is my SS# and place of my employment that is not connected to accident.

Assuming that you are represented by counsel, you should be addressing this question to your attorney. It is very important to have good communication both ways with a lawyer.

If you are not represented, add a comment and I will answer more fully.

This answer contains general information only; and it is not intended as legal advice. It is not intended to and does not create an attorney client relationship. Information contained here is only a starting point and you should consider discussing your specific problem in depth with a licensed attorney.

You don't mention whether you are the plaintiff or the defendant. But either way this is an issue for your lawyer to resolve. If he or she objects to certain questions they can state so, and the other side can decide whether to go to court to force you to answer.

Generally speaking, I would think you have to answer these questions.(If you are the plaintiff). Interrogatories are part of the discovery process, and the defendant is usually entitled to get this type of information because it may lead to other things that are relevant to the defense of their case. As my colleagues say, you should discuss this with your attorney. If you do not provide this information, I assume the defense attorney will file a motion and asked the court to compel you to answer this. I assume the court will grant this motion. Again, you should discuss this with your own attorney.

Your attorney will go through the rogs with you.

You lawyer will go over the questions with you.

John Lassen 1-877-252-4630

I suggest that you ask this question to the attorney representing you in the litigation. Information about past and current employment are fairly standard and generally need to be answered. Your attorney may not be inclined to provide your Social Security number, however, due to many new Medicare reporting requirements by the insurance industry, the Social Security number is becoming more relevant, but not necessarily because of anything having to do directly with the case, but rather with lien satisfaction issues after the case is over.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.

The answer is probably yes. Talk to your attorney about this if you have one. If you don't have one, retain one immediately.

Nothing in this communication should be construed as creating an attorney client relationship. This is for informational purposes only. Attorney will take no action on your behalf unless and until a written retainer agreement is signed. There are strict time deadlines on filing claims and, as such, you are advised to consult with and retain an attorney immediately to file such claims timely or you will lose any right to recovery. Any testimonials or endorsements should not be construed as a guarantee, warranty or prediction of the outcome of your case.