Do I have the right to watch the Police officer's dash cam of my case.

46738 |

well the Officer that cuffed me wasn't the officer that arrested me. also i was outta my vehicle and then a pull over was intiated. They calm they activated their emergency lights before hand i would like to watch the dash cam to see if that is true.

Your lawyer should get a copy, not just for this but other aspects of the stop.

Confidential information should not be disclosed in this Internet forum. I am a Wisconsin lawyer. The laws in each jurisdiction can be very different. I cannot give legal advice over the internet nor can I establish an attorney client relationship with you. You should NOT assume or otherwise conclude that there is an attorney -client relationship between any reader and this writer or his firm. These comments are only guideposts. They are not subject to any privilege protections. Indeed, these internet communications are neither privileged nor confidential. Accordingly, those using this form of communication need to be guarded in what they write. Because of the nature of these communications the information is general only and should not be relied upon in any specific case. This internet site is public forum, where the communications are not confidential or privileged. There may very well be merit to your defense or position in this type of situation. However, there are hardly sufficient details for an attorney to provide you with some path to follow. It is imperative that ALL of the facts in a particular situation be examined. No conclusion can be drawn from the communication that you have provided. There are some matters that are just better handled by an attorney familiar with the procedures of the courts in your area. Most, if not all, legal matters should not be handled via internet communication. At best, the responders on this site can give you a few hints and guidance. To deal with a legal problem, nothing is better than to consult with a lawyer who will give you some time and advice. If you cannot afford an attorney, there should be agencies in your area that can provide discounted, or even free, legal services. Experienced Criminal Defense Lawyer in Madison, Dane County, Wisconsin http://addbalance.com Talking to the Police - Advice from Lawyers and Police: http://addbalance.com/police.htm

You have a right to inspect all evidence the State intends to use against you as part of the discovery process. You should already have a lawyer. Ask him or her about this evidence. Keep in mind that recordings can be "lost" if you don't move quickly to secure their preservation!

Requesting, receiving, or accessing general information on Avvo or other web sites does not create an attorney client relationship. If you have specific questions on which you wish to receive legal advice from Paul Stanko, you may contact him by telephone (888-778-2656), email (indianadui@yahoo.com), or you may go to his web site: http://www.indianalaw.to. Paul Stanko is licensed to practice in Indiana only.

If there was a dashboard camera, your attorney will be able to get the recording. The agencies in your area do not all have those cameras. They like to be able to say what they want without an independent record of it. I practice criminal defense in your area, so feel free to contact my office to make an appointment to discuss representation.

No question about it. I represented a guy a couple years ago who had so much alcohol and drugs in his system, I was embarrased to be representing him because he could have hit another car instead of a telephone pole. I ended up getting every one of his charges dropped which was nothing short of a miracle, by my point is, yes, you absoutely get to see the dash cam. Reason I thought of this story was the dash cam in my guy's case was so hilarious, it was just impossible to conceive that he not only didn't go to jail, but had the charges dismissed. I loved watching it so much it took over The Big Lebowski as my all time favorite movie. But, whomever said you need to get it quickly is correct. I don't trust the poice ONE bit when it comes to anything and I was basically their boss for the 5 years I served as a prosecutor! They lie, exagerate...anything to make their arrest seem valid. And bc of that experience, I can tell you what they will do and, furthermore, what the state is actually looking for, as far as your punishment. and if there is single thing on that recording, assuming there is a recording, that makes them look less than awesome, it's probably aready gone. I guess I don't understand why you don't already have an attorney, at least a Public defender to answer these questions for you. Do you have an attorney? Listen, I only answered this question to add to my colleagues' opinions, and because I knew the exact answer because I have been in this exact situation before, not to try and get a client out of it. But, if you click on my name, it will take you to a place where you can get my email. If you send me an email, i will give you my cell # if it is something you want to hear about today. Because I am working today. I will talk to you about it for free and you can decide where you want to go from there. It's your call, bro. But it's not everyday you're going to get a lawyer to offer you a free consultation on a Saturday. Either way - best of luck to you.

David Richard Damore

David Richard Damore

John Goodman should have won an academy award for his role in what is arguably the best comedy of all time.

David James Steele

David James Steele

THAT is what a comment should be, dude. The Dude abides....

Police misconduct topics