Do I have the right to refuse for my landlord to spray for bugs inside my apartment when I fear it may endanger my pets?

Cleveland, OH |
Filed under: Landlord-tenant

Our downstairs neighbors have a insect problem. We believe this is due to an unsanitary house next door. Our landlord is insisting he spray for bugs in both units. Giving us 2.5 days notice to figure out what to do with our animals. It happens to be we are not going to be able to reschedule anything in order to get the animals out of the house. I am concerned in general even after the spraying that it may harm the animals if they lick where the spray has been. He is also refusing to provide me with the name of the exterminator and the type of chemicals that are being used. Is there anything that I can to stop this before my animals are harmed?

In general probably not. He is trying to make the home fit and habitable for you and your family. Unfortunately they dogs are your concern, not his. Sorry. Good luck.

The above information is not, nor intend to be, legal advice. You SHOULD consult an attorney for specific advice regarding your individual situation. Based on this response no attorney-client relationship has been formed. If your matter is in Cuyahoga County or surrounding counties, we invite you to contact us. Please visit our website at Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information until such time and attorney-client relationship is formed. Attorneys in this firm are only licensed to practice in the state of Ohio and have no specific information as to the laws and rules of other states and none of the information provided is intended to be applied to the laws of other states.

Landlord-tenant topics

Recommended articles about Landlord-tenant