Do I have the right to no if my moms funral bill is payed

Lexington, NC |
Filed under: Probate

my brouther and sister set up moms last wishes

I don't know that you have a legal right to know unless you are being asked to pay or are the executor of her estate.

Please note that I am answering this question as a service through Avvo but not as your attorney and no attorney-client relationship is established by this posting. An attorney-client relationship can only be established through signing a Fee Agreement and paying the necessary advanced fees.

I agree with Ms. Reed. The easy solution is to contact the funeral home and ask them. They should be more than happy to tell you if there is any balance owing.

James Frederick

***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ***************************************** LEGAL DISCLAIMER I am licensed to practice law in the State of Michigan and have offices in Wayne and Ingham Counties. My practice is focused in the areas of estate planning and probate administration. I am ethically required to state that the above answer does not create an attorney/client relationship. These responses should be considered general legal education and are intended to provide general information about the question asked. Frequently, the question does not include important facts that, if known, could significantly change the answer. Information provided on this site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices in your state. The law changes frequently and varies from state to state. If I refer to your state's laws, you should not rely on what I say; I just did a quick Internet search and found something that looked relevant that I hoped you would find helpful. You should verify and confirm any information provided with an attorney licensed in your state. I hope you our answer helpful!

I'm sorry to hear about your mother's passing. I agree with the other attorneys. I don't know of any legal right that you have to this information, but the funeral home should be willing to share that with you.

Wills and estates topics

Recommended articles about Wills and estates