Do I have the right to ask the HOA where my son committed an act of vandalism not to publish our names in meeting minutes?

Asked over 1 year ago - San Antonio, TX

My son and some other boys were caught committing an act of vandalism at our neighborhood pool. The Board of directors has decided not to file criminal charges, as long as the boys pay for the damage, complete supervised community service, receive counseling from the local police, and submit a letter of apology. All of the parents agreed with the board's decision and the boys must appear before the board during a meeting on May 1. The meeting notes, including the names of those attending, are published and sent to the homeowners in the neighborhood. Since they are all underage, can we ask not to have the boy's, or our, names published? Additionally, can we request a security camera photo of our son be removed from the neighborhood website?

1. Macy Michelle Jaggers

Pro

Answered . You can ask whatever you want. The HOA guidelines will control here.