Do I have rights to a lawsuit?

Asked 12 months ago - Fond Du Lac, WI

5 yrs ago I had a daughter, she passed away a week later. a couple times before delivery I went in to the er with pain, down there. they never ran test or looked. she passed from a std that could have been seen. no one told me. she got it and as a reault, passed. do I gave means for a lawsuit? Has it been way to long?

1. John Scott Swimmer

7

Answered . The Statute of limitation in Wisconsin is three years. In Wisconsin Medical Malpractice cases are so difficult and expensive that fewer than 100 were filed last year, and this is trending downward. This means that fewer lawyers are handling these cases and it is unlikely you can find an attorney to help you. You should contact the treating facility and notify them of your concerns. They typically will investigate the doctor. I am very sorry for your loss.

2. Josh P Tolin

7

Answered . It is way too long. Most States have 2-3 years statutes. I am sorry for your loss, but it is too late. You should discuss with a Wisconsin attorney to confirm.

3. Gregory Stephen Colburn

Pro

6

Answered . The statute of limitations varies by state. You should contact and attorney in WI as soon as possible to discuss this.

Pro

5

Answered . I'm sorry for your loss. The SOL was 3 years.