Do I have rights to a lawsuit?

Fond Du Lac, WI |

5 yrs ago I had a daughter, she passed away a week later. a couple times before delivery I went in to the er with pain, down there. they never ran test or looked. she passed from a std that could have been seen. no one told me. she got it and as a reault, passed. do I gave means for a lawsuit? Has it been way to long?

It is way too long. Most States have 2-3 years statutes. I am sorry for your loss, but it is too late. You should discuss with a Wisconsin attorney to confirm.

The statute of limitations varies by state. You should contact and attorney in WI as soon as possible to discuss this.

*PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU COMMENT, EMAIL OR CONTACT ME. I am only licensed in Washington. Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship. This answer does not constitute legal advice.

The Statute of limitation in Wisconsin is three years. In Wisconsin Medical Malpractice cases are so difficult and expensive that fewer than 100 were filed last year, and this is trending downward. This means that fewer lawyers are handling these cases and it is unlikely you can find an attorney to help you. You should contact the treating facility and notify them of your concerns. They typically will investigate the doctor. I am very sorry for your loss.

This is not intended as legal advice. It is only provided for educational purposes and cannot be relied upon as legal advice. Further no attorney client relationship is or has been formed by answering this question.

Josh P Tolin

Josh P Tolin

I grew up in Whitefish Bay. Is there still a big rivalry between the 2 schools?

John Scott Swimmer

John Scott Swimmer

Yes some things never change!

I'm sorry for your loss. The SOL was 3 years.