Do I have rights as a tenant to file a legal complaint about the time of the trash pick up at my apartment complex?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Baltimore, MD

The dumpsters that are located directly in front of my townhouse in a large complex are emptied on Monday, Thursday and Friday at 5am. I've tried wearing earplugs and keeping the windows closed, but the trucks are so incredibly loud and disruptive I cannot sleep through the noise. On Friday the dumpsters are basically empty from pick-up the day before. It seems unreasonable to me that my sleep should be disturbed 3 times a week for trash pick up. The disruption of my sleep is effecting my mood and ability to function at work. I've filed a complaint with the leasing office and the management office several times and they have told me they cannot change the time, frequency or location of the trash removal.

1. Rixon Charles Rafter III

Answered . Very likely your complaint would be against the trash company if you filed a suit. Contact Attorney Peeples (use avvo to look her up) a MD attorney who can scope your issues down to (1) appropriate notice to LL in writing and (2) an actionable complaint if need be.

best of luck to you.