Do I have more rights

Asked 10 months ago - Bolivar, NY

I was with a girl she got pregnant n is still married to another guy. We don't get along now and she told me she is going to have her husband sign the birth certificate n that I have no rights to my son her husband does.

1. Joseph S Hubicki

Pro

3

Answered . Once the child is born, you can file a paternity petition in Family Court. Until then there is nothing you can do. There is a presumption that any child born during a marriage is the child of the husband. You have the burden of proving that the child is yours - which means filing a petition and asking for genetic testing. You must do this right after the birth, however. If you wait too long, the court may not allow you to have testing, and then you will not have any parental rights.

2. Eric Edward Rothstein

3

Answered . You can petition in Family Court for a dna test. If you are the father you may have to pay child support.

3. Edwin Drantivy

Pro

2

Answered . False.