Do I have legitimate ground to have my case dropped?

Asked over 1 year ago - Middlesex, NJ

There was a light knock on my door. When I went to open my door a police officer pushed the door into me trying to force his way into the apartment. I managed to stop him and asked if he had a reason to enter or a warrant. He then pushed again ignoring my question and entering the apartment where he began to search the apartment for a couple minutes till he found a metal grinder. He than cuffed me and continued his search in the room and the others in the room. And cuffed them if he found anything on them till one of the girls said she wanted to know the reason for being arrested he then said because we were all under the influence he than read her, her Miranda rights took us all outside and put everyone but me in squad cars when he coerced me into signing consent to search the apartment.

1. Allan E Richardson

2

Best Answer

Answered . You need to speak with attorneys from two disciplines: criminal an civil rights. (It's relatively rare to find someone who is knowledgable in both fields.) If you can prove what you say is true, you have a potential civil rights violation. First, though, you will need to successfully combat the criminal charge.

2. Steven Todd Keppler

Answered . Call an attorney immediately. Some questions are not suited for this forum; if your rights have been harmed by a police officer acting under the color of legal authority, you should seek counsel.