Do I have legal rights regarding a wrongful termination by someone not authorized to make the decision?

Jupiter, FL |

Recently fired from a non-profit organization for no reason by a newly appointed chairman. No written or verbal notice of misconduct. During the termination discussion, I was yelled at while trying to walk away from an escalating situation, with 4 witnesses. I did not fight the termination at the time. We just discovered the chairman was not qualified to hold the position, and when his credentials were questioned, he resigned. If the chairman was not authorized to hold such a position, and the committee backed him based on the pretense he was qualified, can I request that the decision regarding my termination be re-addressed? Do I have any legal rights in this situation?

1. The answer depends on the terms of your employment. That being said, It sounds as if your first step would be to contact the employer (since you apparently wish to return there) and make inquiry before seeking any confrontation.