Do I have legal recourse against a Hotel/Casino that allowed someone access to my room who eventually attacked me.

Asked almost 3 years ago - Modesto, CA

While staying in this room the front desk gave my room number and a key to my ex-wife who eventually came in the middle of the night and trashed my room and hit me with my shoes. I had already advised the front desk not give out any info about my whereabouts.
The security supervisor stated that the front desk did drop the ball and put me in harms way by violating my privacy.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Isileli Tupou Manaia Mataele

    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . Yes you could sue for negligence and other claims.

    This is just my opinion and not a comprehensive answer. You assume the risk because this answer may not apply to... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,091 answers this week

2,959 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,091 answers this week

2,959 attorneys answering

Legal Dictionary

Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.

Browse our legal dictionary