Do I have legal recourse against a company selling a vegan pizza that turned out to have dairy cheese?

Englishtown, NJ |

-I'm a strict vegan
-Company makes vegan and non-vegan products
-The product I purchased is supposed to contain vegan non-dairy cheese, I have purchased it before
-I just opened up the box and it contains dairy cheese

1. And your injury is what exactly?

Attorneys on Avvo donate their time and your feedback is appreciated. Be sure to mark the "Best Answer" or Helpful" to your questions.

2. no
    Were you injured? Did you even eat the pizza? You are entitled to a refund.
    By the way, vegan pizza should be illegal--but that's my personal opinion.

If you feel this is the "best" answer or is "helpful," please indicate. Since I am limited to the information you provide, I cannot guarantee the accuracy of the answer. You should seek the advise of an attorney who can explore all aspects of your question. This communication does not form an attorney client relationship.

3. If you did not eat the pizza, yo are limited to getting a refund. Contact the company that makes the pizza and complain. You might get some copons.

The information provided is for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice. I am only licensed in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and I am not providing you with specific legal advice. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. Being general in nature, the information provided may not apply to any specific factual and/or legal set of circumstances and/or the jurisdiction where you reside. No attorney-client relationship is formed nor should any such relationship be implied. The information provided is of a general nature is not intended to substitute for the advice of an attorney, especially an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Your question, although you may believe is simple, it is not simple. You require legal advice, please consult with a competent attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction.

4. I'm not sure if a lab tested it, or this is your belief.

5. If you have no injury, you have no case. You can get a refund, but with no injury, you are spinning your wheels.

The content of the this submission is intended to provide general information on the topic presented, and is offered with the understanding that the author is not rendering any legal or professional services or advice. This submission is not a substitute for legal advice. Should you require such services, retain competent legal counsel.

6. You could sue under the consumer fraud act for three times the value of the pizza. Maybe get all vegans together who have eaten this accidentally and institute a class action. Probably not worth it. I'd call them up and demand a refund. If you make a big enough stink, I'm sure they will oblige.

Any answers I provide should not be construed as legal advice; they are meant solely to educate the reader. Additionally, this answer does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Please consult a qualified attorney who may better advise you as to the individual facts of your case.