Do I have legal recourse against a company selling a vegan pizza that turned out to have dairy cheese?

-I'm a strict vegan -Company makes vegan and non-vegan products -The product I purchased is supposed to contain vegan non-dairy cheese, I have purchased it before -I just opened up the box and it contains dairy cheese

Englishtown, NJ -

Christian K. Lassen II

Christian K. Lassen II

Defective and Dangerous Products Attorney - Philadelphia, PA

I'm not sure if a lab tested it, or this is your belief.

Philip Anthony Fabiano

Philip Anthony Fabiano

Personal Injury Lawyer - Pittsburgh, PA

no
Were you injured? Did you even eat the pizza? You are entitled to a refund.
By the way, vegan pizza should be illegal--but that's my personal opinion.

Michael T Warshaw

Michael T Warshaw

Personal Injury Lawyer - Red Bank, NJ

If you have no injury, you have no case. You can get a refund, but with no injury, you are spinning your wheels.

Lee Alan Thompson

Lee Alan Thompson

Divorce / Separation Lawyer - Lancaster, OH

And your injury is what exactly?

Samuel Cohen

Samuel Cohen

Personal Injury Lawyer - Philadelphia, PA

If you did not eat the pizza, yo are limited to getting a refund. Contact the company that makes the pizza and complain. You might get some copons.

David Justin Sideman

David Justin Sideman

Criminal Defense Attorney - Newark, NJ

You could sue under the consumer fraud act for three times the value of the pizza. Maybe get all vegans together who have eaten this accidentally and institute a class action. Probably not worth it. I'd call them up and demand a refund. If you make a big enough stink, I'm sure they will oblige.

Related Advice