Do I have legal recourse against a company selling a vegan pizza that turned out to have dairy cheese?

Asked 11 months ago - Englishtown, NJ

-I'm a strict vegan
-Company makes vegan and non-vegan products
-The product I purchased is supposed to contain vegan non-dairy cheese, I have purchased it before
-I just opened up the box and it contains dairy cheese

Pro

7

Answered . I'm not sure if a lab tested it, or this is your belief.

2. Philip Anthony Fabiano

6

Answered . no
    Were you injured? Did you even eat the pizza? You are entitled to a refund.
    By the way, vegan pizza should be illegal--but that's my personal opinion.

3. Michael T Warshaw

4

Answered . If you have no injury, you have no case. You can get a refund, but with no injury, you are spinning your wheels.

4. Lee Alan Thompson

5

Answered . And your injury is what exactly?

5. Samuel Cohen

5

Answered . If you did not eat the pizza, yo are limited to getting a refund. Contact the company that makes the pizza and complain. You might get some copons.

6. David Justin Sideman

3

Answered . You could sue under the consumer fraud act for three times the value of the pizza. Maybe get all vegans together who have eaten this accidentally and institute a class action. Probably not worth it. I'd call them up and demand a refund. If you make a big enough stink, I'm sure they will oblige.