Do i have grounds for a defamation suit?

Asked over 1 year ago - Orlando, FL

i was found not guilty of criminal charges and received a disposition letter stating so.
on a current background check it states that i was convicted of said charges

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Roger Scott Jr.


    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You should also seal/expunge

  2. Larry Thomas McMillan

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Possibly, I would suggest that you consult with a civil attorney in the Orlando area.

  3. Jonathan Matthew Witt

    Contributor Level 8


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Did you keep your paperwork? Sometimes when a case is over, it isn't really over, as the clerks can make mistakes like this that come back to haunt you. The good news is that it can be resolved. Did you retain a private lawyer on the last case? Give him or her a call and get some help!

    For more information or to set up a free consultation contact the Witt Law at 407-205-WITT (9488). This answer... more
  4. Mark H Randall


    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You need to find out where the misinformation started. Court records and arrests are wrong too many times and someone should be accountable for mistakes which ruin people's lives. Suing the government is a real longshot and nearly impossible.

Related Topics

Criminal charges

Criminal charges are formal accusations in court that someone has committed a crime. Criminal charges have many classifications and degrees of severity.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

17,571 answers this week

2,367 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

17,571 answers this week

2,367 attorneys answering