Do I have enough evidence to win a civil suit in this matter?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Ridgeland, MS

I was side-swiped in a car accident. The at fault driver was 16 years old. Both of her parents agreed to cover the financial expenses of repairs needed for my car at the scene of the accident, therefore an actual accident report was not filed with the police department. In attempt to have the repairs done to my car, both parents decided to default on the agreement and refused to cover the cost of the repairs.

Pro

6

Answered . Go to the police station and get an accident report called a counter report. Also, report the accident to your insurance company to resolve. Never try to resolve a car accident with the parties involved, as it rarely ends well. Good luck.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  2. Michael Charles Doland

5

Answered . Unless you have an "admission" in writing, no one can assure you that you have enough evidence. Further, it is more than "enough evidence" - it is the credablity of the witnesses, and the organization to be able to bring the matter to trial, if necessary. The first step for you is to tender the matter to your insurance company.

3. Sean Michael Patrick

4

Answered . Based only on the above facts, I would say that you have an up hill battle. Hopefully you have something more than just a statment at the scene. Witnesses, documents...? Best of luck.

4. Anders Ferrington

1

Answered . Go file a report. You need to also contact an attorney about any potential medical claims that you may have. I definitely think that the opposing drivers insurance company will fight this matter since there was no immediate accident report