Do I have any rights when my auto insurance finds me @ fault and they may have mishandled the case, leaving me open to lawsuits?

Asked almost 3 years ago - Los Angeles, CA

I was in an auto accident. Vehicle (#2) illegally forced itself into my lane and I avoided the accident by swerving over to the left. After vehicle (#2) passed I was pulling back into my (where vehicle (#2) had come over) lane but was struck from behind by vehicle (#3) before I was fully back in my lane. I got the license plate of vehicle (#2) that caused this, but police would not take a report. My insurance rep advised me to give all information to the insurance company of driver (#3) that hit me. During the last 2 months +, at least 4 reps have had the case handed down, starting midway or from scratch. My reps find me @ at fault, and am not satisfied with the way this has been handled. I am afraid of this Driver (#3) saying there was no other vehicle & worry about a lawsuit.

1. Jeffrey Mark Adams

1

Answered . Sorry, I do not see a valid basis for a lawsuit. They ill consequence you face is a rate increase. Insurance company evaluations of liability are not issue determinative. In other words, they have no value in a court of law. Ask to speak with a supervisor.

2. David Guy Carter

1

Answered . If you believe your case is being mishandled, you may have a claim for bad faith against your own insurance company. I can't determine if such claim exists based on these facts, so you should contact an Avvo rated attorney for help on this matter.