Do I have any legal rights?

Knoxville, TN |
Filed under: Personal injury

My husband was recently hospitalized for a stroke and they put him in a room that had not been cleaned properly. The bathroom had blood all over it. They did not find in until the second day he had been in it. Do we have any legal rights in this matter?

Although that is highly disturbing, unless the blood being in the bathroom caused your husband to sustain any sort of damages or personal injuries, I do not think the act alone would justify a lawsuit. It would not fall under the category of medical malpractice either.

Complain to the hospital, and have them clean the room right away.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755

Unless your husband suffered some new injury or his condition worsened as a result, a lawsuit isn't the best option. Complain (in writing) to the hospital administration and get them to clean up their act.

I hope your husband is better soon. Good luck.

The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.

Recommended articles about Personal injury