Do I have any legal rights?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Knoxville, TN

My husband was recently hospitalized for a stroke and they put him in a room that had not been cleaned properly. The bathroom had blood all over it. They did not find in until the second day he had been in it. Do we have any legal rights in this matter?

1. Curtis Alan Runger

Pro

5

Answered . Although that is highly disturbing, unless the blood being in the bathroom caused your husband to sustain any sort of damages or personal injuries, I do not think the act alone would justify a lawsuit. It would not fall under the category of medical malpractice either.

Pro

5

Answered . Complain to the hospital, and have them clean the room right away.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  3. Edwin Arnold Anderson

Pro

2

Answered . Unless your husband suffered some new injury or his condition worsened as a result, a lawsuit isn't the best option. Complain (in writing) to the hospital administration and get them to clean up their act.

I hope your husband is better soon. Good luck.