Do I have any legal recourse vs doctor, hospital. or Medtronic, Inc maker of the Infuse bone graft used in my spinal fusion?

Longview, TX |

I had a spinal fusion performed in Nov 2011 at Scott & White Hospital in Temple, Tx. After that surgery I have suffered from a condition known as retrograde ejaculation. This seriously degrades my sexual performance and enjoyment and made me sterile. Although the surgeon did mention it was a possibility he told me that he had NEVER had a patient develop this problem.

This is a tough case to make. Essentially you were warned of the possibility of this risk. The real question is did the surgeon mess up? If not then there isn't a case. In any event, by November 2013 if you do not file suit you will be forever barred from suing anyone. Get a lawyer now.

Know YOUR Rights. Take Action Now. CALL 855-648-4695. Legal disclaimer:This message does not constitute legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Any statements are made for general informational purposes and do not constitute legal advice. Mr. Crockett is licensed in Texas in Illinois only.

Stephen Neil Foster

Stephen Neil Foster

I respectfully disagree with my fellow counselor. Medtronic has some serious issues with the spine graft technology. Since the case is in Texas the case against the lawyer might be difficult but if the issue is the Medtronic product then the laws are set up to potentially support a large verdict or settlement. Mr. Crockett is right about the importance of getting a lawyer now. That is the important point and that is the one that we agree upon.

Medtronic Spine Graft lawsuits are becoming increasingly common. Our firm is handling them but whether you have a case that can be pursued is highly fact dependent.

In Texas, the statute of limitations for these types of cases is 2 years and it can be very strictly and harshly applied. Whatever settlement or judgment that you are entitled to can be lost if you do not act in time.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me and my firm at 210-222-1117. While we would examine your case for free and let you know how much money you might be entitled to, please contact a lawyer soon. November 2013 will be here soon enough and you might be entitled to a substantial sum of money to take care of yourself.

Luckily, one of the above lawyers is handling these cases, good luck...

This would seem like a difficult case to prove but it wouldn't hurt to speak with a medical malpractice/medical products liability attorney to discuss.

This sounds like very tough case for you, especially given the conservative venue. Nevertheless, I suggest that you promptly consult a Temple or Longview plaintiffs' lawyer who is certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. A link to the Board's website appears below.

www.tbls.org

My firm is based in Tyler. Please feel free to call for a free initial consult. www.urhurt.com

Good luck

By providing this legal analysis of the issue presented, no attorney/client relationship is being formed. Additionally, attorney is not agreeing to represent the individual who presented the question concerning the legal issue. A signed retainer agreement is required before an attorney /client relationship is established. The analysis provided is meant solely to provide general guidance about the legal issue presented.

Get Avvo’s 3-part personal injury email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

Recommended articles about Personal injury