Do I have any legal recourse for destruction of company property by a former employee?

Duluth, GA |

An employee recently discharged for numerous unexcused absences and poor performance, intentionally disassembled and scattered parts from new equipment, without my knowledge, causing several hundreds of dollars is lost product inventory.

1. You could bring a claim for damages but realistically for a few hundred dollars it is not worth it.

This answer does not establish an attorney client relationship, nor does it constitute specific legal advice.

2. I agree with Atty. Woodring, cost of recovering from your former employee may not be worth pursuing the lost product inventory damages. The choice is yours. Best of luck to you.

Answer given for general advice and is not a legal opinion, which would require an analysis of the facts and circumstances as well as the applicable law and regulations.