Do I have a wrongful death lawsuit?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Van Nuys, CA

My father died of a rare form of cancer. Less than a month ago, my Aunt told me that my dad was always around his dad after he got off work. His dad died of cancer from asbestos exposure in 1970. My dad died seven years later in 1977. I just went online and found lawsuits of family members getting exposed to asbestos through the work clothes of the shipyard workers which my aunt told me my dad was always around his dad while having on his work clothes. I was an infant when my father died and never knew about this until now. I also just found out about a case settlement paid out for my grandfather's death in 2009. Now that I look at it, it is only logical that my dad caught the cancer through the asbestos exposure from his dad, and died at the age of 25.

1. Frank Marvin Nunes

5

Answered . Asbestos exposure cases have become very specialized. It will be worth your while to set up a free consultation with an attorney or law firm who handles these types of cases. If you need a referral, please contact my office and we will be happy to help.

2. Steven Mark Sweat

2

Answered . These are tough cases and causation is always an issue. Consult with an attorney that specializes in asbestos litigation.

3. Andrew Ronald Gillin

Pro

2

Answered . I suggest you contact a firm that handles asbestos cases exclusively. Good Luck

4. Douglas Ferd Welebir

1

Answered . You need a lawyer/firm that handles asbestos related matters. I would recommend Kevin Loew in El Segundo as a lawyer who could tell you if you have facts that should be explored: 310-414-8146.

5. Jeffrey Mark Adams

2

Answered . So sorry of your tragic loss. Unfortunately, I have serious doubts there is a viable claim. Contact an attorney who specializes in asbestos litigation asap.

6. Paul S Levin

Pro

2

Answered . I think that the answer depends upon whether your Dad had the same type of cancer which asbestos exposure is generally associated with, mesothelioma. If so, you can contact me privately so I can provide you with a referral of an excellent firm in your jurisdiction with relevant experience. Regards. Paul

Law offices of Paul Levin
    40 Russ Street
    Hartford, CT 06106
    Tel. 860-560-7226
    www.connecticutinjuryhelp.com

7. Howard Robert Roitman

Pro

Answered . Talk to someone who does this kind of case