Do I have a wrongful death lawsuit?

Van Nuys, CA |

My father died of a rare form of cancer. Less than a month ago, my Aunt told me that my dad was always around his dad after he got off work. His dad died of cancer from asbestos exposure in 1970. My dad died seven years later in 1977. I just went online and found lawsuits of family members getting exposed to asbestos through the work clothes of the shipyard workers which my aunt told me my dad was always around his dad while having on his work clothes. I was an infant when my father died and never knew about this until now. I also just found out about a case settlement paid out for my grandfather's death in 2009. Now that I look at it, it is only logical that my dad caught the cancer through the asbestos exposure from his dad, and died at the age of 25.

Asbestos exposure cases have become very specialized. It will be worth your while to set up a free consultation with an attorney or law firm who handles these types of cases. If you need a referral, please contact my office and we will be happy to help.

If you are a potential client, the information you disclose to us by email will be kept in strict confidence and will be protected to the full extent of the law. Please be advised, however, that the Law Offices of Frank M. Nunes, Inc. and its lawyers do not represent you until you have signed a retainer agreement with the firm. Until that time, you are responsible for any statutes of limitations or other deadlines for your case or potential case.

So sorry of your tragic loss. Unfortunately, I have serious doubts there is a viable claim. Contact an attorney who specializes in asbestos litigation asap.

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff www.nyelderinjurylaw.com

These are tough cases and causation is always an issue. Consult with an attorney that specializes in asbestos litigation.

Nothing in this communication should be construed as creating an attorney client relationship. This is for informational purposes only. Attorney will take no action on your behalf unless and until a written retainer agreement is signed. There are strict time deadlines on filing claims and, as such, you are advised to consult with and retain an attorney immediately to file such claims timely or you will lose any right to recovery.

I think that the answer depends upon whether your Dad had the same type of cancer which asbestos exposure is generally associated with, mesothelioma. If so, you can contact me privately so I can provide you with a referral of an excellent firm in your jurisdiction with relevant experience. Regards. Paul

Law offices of Paul Levin
40 Russ Street
Hartford, CT 06106
Tel. 860-560-7226
www.connecticutinjuryhelp.com

I suggest you contact a firm that handles asbestos cases exclusively. Good Luck

You need a lawyer/firm that handles asbestos related matters. I would recommend Kevin Loew in El Segundo as a lawyer who could tell you if you have facts that should be explored: 310-414-8146.

Talk to someone who does this kind of case

The materials available at this web site are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site or any of the e-mail links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship between Howard Roitman, Esq. and the user or browser. The opinions expressed at or through this site are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of the firm or any individual attorney.

Get Avvo’s 3-part personal injury email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

Recommended articles about Personal injury