Do I have a suit seeking emotional distress?

Asked over 1 year ago - Anderson, IN

I was recently fired from my job at a school corp. for not taking a random drug test. While I was reding a paper, I ran across the article that had my name and reason for being fired. They stated I had failed failed to comply with the drug and alcohol test. Is this leaking confident information to the public and do I have a case?

1. Lee Tucker

Answered . You should consult with a reputable local employment and/or school law attorney. Government agencies, like public school districts, have strict protocols for advancement and continued employment with the district as you have discovered. I don't know the circumstances surrounding your not taking a random drug test, but I would assume the school had procedures in place to allow it.

Mr. Tucker is licensed to practice law in Washington and Kentucky. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Tucker strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received. less