Do I have a slip & fall case?

Asked over 1 year ago - Atlanta, GA

I slipped and fall at work while on break on a wet floor covered with clear soap

1. Fareesh S. Sarangi

Pro

7

Answered . It depends. A work injury is usually compensable without having to prove negligence on the part of the employer. You should file an incident report with your employer. Were you hurt? If so, follow their process to seek medical atttention. There are many good worker's comp attorneys on Avvo that you can look up if you need further assistance. I've edited the practice area question so some of them may answer this.

2. Seth Raven Carroll

Pro

8

Answered . You should file an accident report with your employer and call local workers' compensation counsel.

Where did the soap com from?

3. Scott Douglas Camassar

7

Answered . Workers comp claim

4. Glen Edward Ashman

Pro

5

Answered . I don't know why you keep posting the same question, but in case you missed the answer from the last time:

"If you were hurt at work, you file a workers comp claim with your employer. You can't sue the employer. (If a third party, such as an outside cleaning company, created the problem, you may be able to sue them). Discuss this with your lawyer."

5. Matthew Chase Swanson

Pro

5

Answered . When you are injured on the job, your employer's workers' compensation insurer should pay for your treatment and pay for your time missed from work. In that event, you would be wise to contact a local workers comp attorney to assist you in ensuring your rights are protected, you are paid the appropriate benefits, and you get the medical care you need.

If the soap on the floor was left by someone else, like a cleaning company, service personnel, or other third party, you may also have a liability claim against that person. In that case, you should consult with a local personal injury attorney to discuss that claim.

6. Matthew C Simon

Pro

6

Answered . If you were injured at work, you may have a workers compensation claim. Seek a local personal injury attorney who handles WC cases. Good luck.

Pro

5

Answered . Retain a local workers comp lawyer.