Skip to main content

Do I have a slip & fall case?

Atlanta, GA |

I slipped and fall at work while on break on a wet floor covered with clear soap

Attorney Answers 7

  1. You should file an accident report with your employer and call local workers' compensation counsel.

    Where did the soap com from?

    Seth Carroll is licensed to practice in Virginia only. The preceding is for information only and should not be construed as legal advice. Always call a lawyer directly for advice.

  2. It depends. A work injury is usually compensable without having to prove negligence on the part of the employer. You should file an incident report with your employer. Were you hurt? If so, follow their process to seek medical atttention. There are many good worker's comp attorneys on Avvo that you can look up if you need further assistance. I've edited the practice area question so some of them may answer this.

    For more information, contact us at or (770) 984-5380. The initial consultation is always free. This post is intended to provide general guidance, and should not be construed as legal advice. While I am an attorney, unless we sign a retainer agreement, I am not your attorney, and any information shared on Avvo does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please mark this answer as "Helpful" or "Best Answer" if you like it.

  3. If you were injured at work, you may have a workers compensation claim. Seek a local personal injury attorney who handles WC cases. Good luck.

    The above is general information only and is not legal advice. The information provided does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should not be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action. I am not your attorney until we sign a retainer agreement.

  4. I don't know why you keep posting the same question, but in case you missed the answer from the last time:

    "If you were hurt at work, you file a workers comp claim with your employer. You can't sue the employer. (If a third party, such as an outside cleaning company, created the problem, you may be able to sue them). Discuss this with your lawyer."

    If you find this answer helpful, please mark it here on AVVO as helpful. In answering you, I am attempting to communicate general legal information and am not representing you (and am not your lawyer). Do feel free to call me at 404-768-3509 if you wish to discuss actual representation (the phone call also does not retain counsel; that requires an office visit and appropriate paperwork). In that a forum such as this provides me with limited details and doesn't allow me to review details and documents, it is possible that answers here, while meant to be helpful, may in some cases not be complete or accurate, and I highly recommend that you retain legal counsel rather than rely on the answers here. (You can also email my office at . An email also does not retain my office, but can help you get an appointment set if you prefer not to call). I am happy to discuss possible representation with you. Any information in this communication is for discussion purposes only, and is not offered as legal advice. There is no right to rely on the information contained in this communication and no attorney-client relationship is formed. Nothing in my answer should be considered as tax-advice. To ensure compliance with IRS Circular 230, any U.S. federal tax advice provided in this communication is not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used by the recipient or any other taxpayer (i) for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on the recipient or any other taxpayer, or (ii) in promoting, marketing or recommending to another party a partnership or other entity, investment plan, arrangement or other transaction addressed herein. I am also required to advise you, if your question concerns bankruptcy, that the U.S. Congress has designated Ashman Law Office as a debt relief agency that can help people file bankruptcy.

  5. When you are injured on the job, your employer's workers' compensation insurer should pay for your treatment and pay for your time missed from work. In that event, you would be wise to contact a local workers comp attorney to assist you in ensuring your rights are protected, you are paid the appropriate benefits, and you get the medical care you need.

    If the soap on the floor was left by someone else, like a cleaning company, service personnel, or other third party, you may also have a liability claim against that person. In that case, you should consult with a local personal injury attorney to discuss that claim.

Personal injury topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics