Do i have a right to discovery process for city court in ga?

Asked almost 3 years ago - Dawson, GA

a yr. ago i recieved a speeding ticket by way off radar and requested and was denied copies of the certification papers that the state requires before units can be put in use or officers allowed to give tickets off them. i can not defend myself in court if i am denied acccess to documents i need. i pled no lo and was told my fine was my bond i posted. it has been stuck in my craw ever since.

1. James Lawrence Yeargan Jr.

Pro

Best Answer

Answered . You have an absolute right to file discovery, and the State must comply, on a speeding ticket. A speeding ticket in Georgia is a misdemeanor which means discovery is applicable.

2. Jack Ira Klein

Pro

Answered . You may beyond the time limit to challenge the ticket, you are entitled to Discovery from the State by the filing of the appropriate pleadings.