Do I have a medical malpractice case for severe fat atrophy and telangiectasia from steroids used during my c-section?

Barnwell, SC |

I had an ovarian cyst removed at 15 weeks pregnant. I had a c-section with my child and after the surgery, the physician stated that since I was starting to form a keloid from the previous surgery he had used some steroids and cleaned up my scar a bit to prevent it from forming another keloid. A few months have passed and now my c-section scar is indented, the skin is fragile and is constantly dry and peeling and is red/ purple from the telangiectasia. I was never consulted about using the steroids or the side effects. Should I pursue this from a legal aspect?

1. It would be good for you to consult with a local medical malpractice lawyer. Medical malpractice cases can be complicated and expensive. I don't write this to discourage you. Quite the opposite, I encourage you to consult with a South Carolina medical malpractice lawyer to investigate your case and further discuss your options with you. I hope this helps. Good luck.

2. Consult with a local experienced medical malpractice attorney. Ultimately the case may not have enough value to be worth pursuing.

3. Best bet is to have a local malpractice lawyer order the medical records to investigate

4. As you probably now know, fat atrophy and telangiectasia are known side effects of using topical steroids. I would consult a medical malpractice attorney to determine if there was a breach of the standard of care by your surgeon in using topical steroid in this case.

5. It is impossible to answer the question from the limited information provided. If you feel you have been wronged or that the physician did not perform with at least the minimum standard of care, then you should consult a local medical malpractice attorney.

ATTORNEY ADVERTISING DISCLAIMER. The information herein is intended for general informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice on any specific fact or circumstance. Your receipt of such information does not create an attorney-client relationship with the J. Brooks Davis Law Firm. You should not act or rely on any of the information contained herein without seeking professional legal advice.