Do I have a medical malpractice case?

If after having a c-section and I have to return to the hospital, is the hospital negligent for not telling me of my blood loss during my c-section if I days later had to receive 4-6 pints of blood. Also, my family was told I had an enlarged heart and fluid in my lungs. My discharge papers said none of that, but respiratory failure and anemia. Later, I was informed by another doctor that I actually had heart failure on the left side and a hemoglobin at the level of a 3, which is almost the level of a dying patient. Are they negligent?

Baton Rouge, LA -

Christian K. Lassen II

Christian K. Lassen II

Medical Malpractice Attorney - Philadelphia, PA

The only way to know if there was malpractice is to retain a lawyer who can order all the medical records and bills and send to an expert to review to ascertain whether there was a breach of the standard of care.

Licensed in PA & NJ. 29% Contingency Fee. Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
Bret A. Schnitzer

Bret A. Schnitzer

Personal Injury Lawyer - Lincoln Park, MI

Certainly, if you have permanent heart damage it is worthwhile to get your medical records and consult with a medical malpractice attorney in your State. No one can say if you have a case until an expert in the field reviews the records and gives an opinion that the standard of care was breached by the doctor. Good luck

Marc Edward Stewart

Marc Edward Stewart

Medical Malpractice Attorney - Little Rock, AR

They may have made a mistake but you would have still needed the transfusion even had they diagnosed you timely. I do not see where this potential medical error caused you (1) serious injury; or (2) an exacerbation of your condition.

Keep in mind that Louisiana has just a 1-year statute of limitations for medical negligence cases. They call it "prescriptions" in your state. If you want to speak with an attorney, call around locally or use avvo. Don't delay.