Do I have a medical Claim against a doctor who took me off my medicine and another doctor said he should have never done so..

Asked 11 months ago - Port Saint Lucie, FL

I had a doctor whom i was seeing and told me he wasnt going to treat me anymore saying I wasnt doing enough to control my sugar levels and they were now at 332 and he didnt want to be responsible. I found a Diabetes Specialists doctor and went to him. After talking with him, he told me the other doctor should have NEVER taken me off my Metformin medicine and that was why my levels were going so high. He said he should have increased my dosage instead of switching me to Glycubride medicine which wasnt doing anything for me over last year. My levels were going to be high according to specialists as Glycubride wasnt as strong as metformin. He said That the doctor was NOT a specialists and should never have taken me off my Metformin and by doing so could have caused more damage to my body now

1. Clifford M. Miller

Pro

8

Answered . Without being damaged by the medication change you have no case. It is only of academic interest whether one of the doctors fell below the standard of care. I suggest you find a doctor you trust ad stick with that person.

2. Scott Michael Gross

6

Answered . The other responses to your question are on point. It all comes down to whether there was an actual, tangible, injury. If you did not suffer an injury, there is nothing to gain by filing suit. Your doctor may in fact have been negligent, but it's ultimately only one factor to a viable medical malpractice claim.

3. Philip Anthony Fabiano

7

Answered . The first doctor may very well have been negligent. However unless that negligence did in FACT cause you an injury this is not a viable claim. The law does not recognize what might have happened but what did happen. From your description, it does not appear that you suffered any permanent harm by what might be the doctor's error.

Pro

6

Answered . Best bet is to get a new doctor immediately to remediate

5. David Ian Schoen

Pro

6

Answered . You do not say what, if any, injury you think that you sustained from the failure to properly medicate you. It sounds like it caused a temporary spike in your levels only. Accordingly, even assuming malpractice, there is no viable claim to be made.