Do I have a malpractice suite?

Asked over 1 year ago - Harbor City, CA

I was diagnosed with PTSD/depression 3yrs ago from dr in St. Louis only took 2 prescribed drugs and was doing better. 6 months ago I moved to South Bay and went to SB mental health. The Dr wasn't listening to what I was saying and was prescribing me numerous meds for schizophrenia and mixing meds that was causing me to hallucinate plus multiple anxiety attacks .she had switched / added more meds even after telling the case worker what was happening . The case worker and my new dr I recently got both agreed I was miss diagnosed. My last script of meds she increased without me knowing and where not what the bottle said so wrong medication. I got so extremely depressed and wreck less and currently still trying to even myself out . I have no actual mental dr now at this point. What can I do?

1. Paul Y. Lee

4

Answered . No one responding to your post can answer your question. Only a thorough review of your file and medical records by an experienced malpractice attorney, as well as possibly a review of your records by an expert physician and/or psychotherapist, can yield an informed answer. You should consult a lawyer. Good luck.

2. Jesus Novo III

3

Answered . Malpractice is very difficult to prove, however, you should consult a malpractice attorney in your area, they usually offer free consultation and may even take your case on a contingency.

3. William Emil Cassara

Pro

3

Answered . I don't think any lawyer can competently advise you on the merits of a malpractice claim based on this much information. You need to meet with a malpractice attorney (most on AVVO provide free consultations) and provide them with all of the information so they can make an informed recommendation.

Pro

3

Answered . More information is needed to evaluate, such as what your damages are. Contact one of the above lawyers in your state to discuss in detail.

5. Steven Jay Weinberg

1

Answered . To answer your question, an experienced medical malpractice attorney would need to gather and review all of the relevant medical records, even then it is more likily than not that a review of the records by an expert would be necessary before being able to advise you of what course of action you can take and whether or not you have a lawsuit