Do i have a legitimate case to sue my college for false advertising?

Asked over 2 years ago - Saint Louis, MO

I am a 1st year tech school student enrolled in a carpentry and building construction program. The main selling point for me and nearly all of my classmates is that the 2nd year of the program is building a house from the ground up that the school then sells and the money is put into next years budget to build another house.
However, with the weak housing market the school is having trouble selling the homes we build. There is a rumor that my instructors will neither confirm or deny that we may not be building a house, merely remodeling one. Everything from general admissions info to specific course curriculum describes building a house from the GROUND UP. If the school cannot budget a house for us to build, do i have grounds for false advertisement?

1. Christine C McCall

Pro

Answered . No.Your enrollment, admission and tuition documents, constitute a contract. If you read your contract, you will find that the school expressly reserved the right to make changes in the course of instruction as necessary in the school's sole judgment. The school is "selling" you instruction in the skills for building a house. The school has a lot of flexibility as to how it delivers the course of instruction.