Do I have a legal case?

Baton Rouge, LA |

I bought a pair of slippers that you put in the microwave to heat up before putting them on . Well after heating them up for 1 minute , my mom put one on my foot , I woke up the next morning with 3rd degree burns on the toe and 2nd degree on the bottom of my foot . I did not know it was that hot because this foot has nerve damage due to a hip replacement surgery ( thats a whole other issue ) . The heat stops my nerve pain . The burns happened around Christmas and still haven't healed yet . These slippers are designed to be hot on the inside but not outside . They have little beads sewn underneath the slippers that gets really hot . So my questions is , even though I have pictures & witnesses , do I have a case because I returned the slippers to the store . I have no receipt .

You may indeed have a case. Find an attorney in your area that deals with products liability cases.

Best of luck to you.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

Perhaps. Microwaves typically range from 600 to 1200 watts, so if the directions say 1 minute in a 600 watt microwave and you put them in for 1 minute in a 1200 watt microwave, they could be twice as hot. A lawyer can review the directions and find out what microwave you have.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755

Without the slippers that caused your burns, or a receipt showing you bought/returned them, it will be extremely difficult to move forward with a products liability case.

Best of luck

DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being provided for informational purposes only because the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.

Recommended articles about Personal injury