Do I have a legal case?

Asked over 1 year ago - Baton Rouge, LA

I bought a pair of slippers that you put in the microwave to heat up before putting them on . Well after heating them up for 1 minute , my mom put one on my foot , I woke up the next morning with 3rd degree burns on the toe and 2nd degree on the bottom of my foot . I did not know it was that hot because this foot has nerve damage due to a hip replacement surgery ( thats a whole other issue ) . The heat stops my nerve pain . The burns happened around Christmas and still haven't healed yet . These slippers are designed to be hot on the inside but not outside . They have little beads sewn underneath the slippers that gets really hot . So my questions is , even though I have pictures & witnesses , do I have a case because I returned the slippers to the store . I have no receipt .

1. Daniel Nelson Deasy

3

Answered . You may indeed have a case. Find an attorney in your area that deals with products liability cases.

Best of luck to you.

Dan

Pro

3

Answered . Perhaps. Microwaves typically range from 600 to 1200 watts, so if the directions say 1 minute in a 600 watt microwave and you put them in for 1 minute in a 1200 watt microwave, they could be twice as hot. A lawyer can review the directions and find out what microwave you have.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  3. David J. McCormick

3

Answered . Without the slippers that caused your burns, or a receipt showing you bought/returned them, it will be extremely difficult to move forward with a products liability case.

Best of luck