Do i have a lawsuit if the hospital i was in left a leakage in my brain after performimg a spinal tap?

Philadelphia, PA |

Its been about a year and im still having back pains to the point where i cant even stand up for long periods of time without feeling like im going to pass out. Or even when im at the gym i would get stuck in positions where my back will feel like i have a knot in it. I never had any type of problems with my back befor its really getting bad. The hospital that left the leakage in my brain told me that nothing was wrong with me and to go back home when i went back to find out what was going on so i went to another hospital for an second opinion and they immediately told me what was wrong. from that day on ive been goiing through a lot of pain.

1. You should meet with a medical malpractice attorney who can hopefully help you obtain an independent evaluation/certification to assist with identifying what the treating physicians did wrong. Since the injury occurred more than a year ago, time is ticking. You need to act promptly to protect your rights.

Stew Crawford, Jr., Esq.

Crawford Law Firm
    A Full Service Law Firm Serving Pennsylvania & New Jersey

Philadelphia Area Office
    223 North Monroe Street
    Media, Pennsylvania 19063
    877-992-6311
    www.crawfordlaw.org

E-Mail: injury@subrolaw.us

All information provided in this comment is intended for informational purposes only and does not, by itself, create an attorney client relationship. Without the benefit a personal consultation to exploe all of the facts of your legal problem, the information in this posting may be inaccurate and for that reason it should not be relied upon. If you wish to consult with an attorney, or have any questions concerning this comment, please feel free to contact our offices through any of the above contact sources.

2. Sorry to hear. Gather all your records and prepare a detailed timeline containing the who, what, when and where of what happened. Good luck.

Please note that these answers are provided as a community service and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

3. Consult with a local medical malpractice attorney. You can find excellent ones on AVVO's find a lawyer feature. Most do not charge for consults. An independent expert review of your medical records will be undergone to determine if the standard of medical care was deviated from and as a result you have compensable injuries. There is a statute of limitations for bringing suit so go to a med mal attorney ASAP. I am sorry that you were injured and are in pain.

** LEGAL DISCLAIMER ** This response above is not legal advice and it does not establish an attorney-client relationship. When responding to questions posted on Avvo, a general purpose response based on Florida law is provided. All relevant background details or facts related to your issue / matter is not available. Therefore, I am not in a position to give you legal advice. Further, the review, use of, or reliance upon my response does not establish an attorney-client relationship. For specific advice regarding your particular circumstances, you should consult and retain local counsel. Karen Munzer, PLLC, www.karenmunzer.com, E-Mail: kmunzerlaw@aol.com , Tel: (786) 501-6655

4. 1. You need to speak with an attorney soon and well before two years from the date of injury comes to pass. 2. If your condition was recognized and correctly diagnosed quickly, a physician on your side would have to find that causing the leak was below the standard of care and caused you injury. If you had a spinal tap or other procedure, your injuries may be a risk of the procedure and hard to recover damages. If something was actually left in your brain, you would have a much better case. Good luck. Go find a lawyer.

5. Your medical records would need to be ordered and sent to an expert to review to ascertain whether there was a breach of the standard of care.

6. Get your doctor to provide your injury info to your lawyer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The materials available at this web site are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site or any of the e-mail links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship between Howard Roitman, Esq. and the user or browser. The opinions expressed at or through this site are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of the firm or any individual attorney.

7. Get your doctor to provide your injury info to your lawyer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. You may have a meritorious lawsuit
    You will need to obtain your medical records and imaging studies. Then you need to consult an attorney who will have your case reviewed by a qualified expert.

9. The short answer to your question is yes, you do have a claim but there is not enough information for which to fully advise you until all records are received and a medical expert is consulted. The relationship between the hospital and the doctors/nurses needs to be known and the prognosis of pain that you are experiencing needs to be assessed.

10. What you are going through sounds horrible. Was it clear in the second opinion that the leak in your brain is the cause of your back pain?

Have you seen doctors to assist you with resolving the back pain? I suggest that you consider getting all of your medical records and any diagnostic studies for two purposes - to take to doctors for treatment and to take to a lawyer to assist you in determining if there was any negligence.

Interview a few medical malpractice attorneys, you should get the insights of a few attorneys about the facts and merits of your case before you commit. The litigation process can be long so make certain that the person you hire is someone you like and trust.

This response does not constitute legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Due to the complexity and ever-changing nature of the law and to the limitations of this forum, this information may not be adequate for your specific situation.