Skip to main content

Do I have a lawsuit against anyone for negligence, slander libel defamation of character breach of duty or anything for lies?

Holland, MI |

My 15yr old daughter is being falsely accused of committing sex acts on a public school bus. The principal added drug use to her school record in front of the board of ed. , and printed that she committed sex acts. She was suspended for over 30 days and can never ride the bus again. She was not given 3 credits she earned & Would have graduated next year now won't be able to grad. in two years time. The detective questioned her stating he was not investigating csc but lewdness she is now being charged with gross indecency, he barely interviewed her inthe report he said he believed she had time to rehearse her story. He goes on in the report saying he finds it hard to believe the accussations were made up. Nobody says they saw anything only what they thought or believed was happening etc..

Attorney Answers 3


It seems likely that you need to secure criminal defense counsel and psychological services for your daughter. That is very different from you acting to pursue legal claims against any other person or entity. Nothing in your post suggests a sound factual basis for a lawsuit by you.

No legal advice here. READ THIS BEFORE you contact me! My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. My law firm does not provide free consultations. Please do not call or write to me with a “few questions” that require me to analyze the specific facts of your history and your license application and prescribe for you how to get a State license. Send me an email to schedule a paid Consultation for that kind of information, direction, and assistance. My law firm presently accepts cases involving State and federal licenses and permits; discipline against State and federal licenses; and disciplinary and academic challenges to universities, colleges, boarding schools, and private schools. We take cases of wrongful termination or employment discrimination only if the claims involve peace officers, universities or colleges.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


Based on your statement, I think you should be speaking to a criminal defense attorney on behalf of your daughter. Your daughter should discontinue speaking to anyone other than her defense counsel about these allegations. Your daughter may also be in need of counseling to help you with these allegations. Speak with her doctor.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


Retain a local criminal lawyer to handle everything.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree

Personal injury topics

Recommended articles about Personal injury

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics