Do I have a good chance at getting custody of my daughter if her mother is pregnant and living with a convicted child sex off.?

he was convicted in Minnesota in 1994 and no longer has to register. My daughter is 11 his victim was under 13.

Chicago, IL -

Judy A. Goldstein

Judy A. Goldstein

Child Custody Lawyer - Mokena, IL

That argument can be used but may not go far if the man is no longer required to register and the conviction was nearly 20 years ago. However, there are other factors to take into consideration and you really must discuss your case in detail with an experienced child custody attorney rather than relying on any answer you might rercieve here. We simply do not have sufficient information to provide you and "odds." Consult with several lawyers and hire the one you like the best.

Peggy Margaret Raddatz

Peggy Margaret Raddatz

Child Custody Lawyer - La Grange, IL

If you are so concerned you need to do more than ask a hypothetical question in an online forum. Take action to protect your daughter be seeking child custody attorneys to consult with and retain to represent you. Nobody can help you unless you take the steps necessary to help yourself. Get off the interned and seek action.

John Christopher Johnsen

John Christopher Johnsen

Family Law Attorney - Chicago, IL

You have every right to be concerned about your child's welfare. Although your believe your ex is living with a convicted sex offender who doesn't need to register, I would highly encourage you to seek out a capable family law attorney who can represent you. Understanding your concerns about your daughter's well-being is key to moving forward and taking the right steps, which means hiring an attorney. Good luck!