Do i have a emotional distress case?

Manchester, CT |

I'm very bipolar, got out of 10 yr relationship came to an abrupt stop a few months ago. Very ugly night of my life. I have social worker notes, the psych and medical doctor notes. I lost 30 lbs in 1 month, and was moving ASAP. I was even forced or coerced into signing the house deed over. I was never advised at what my my options were. Now, I barely have a roof over my head. I'm not working due to by bipolar.

No, based on those facts, but you may have an issue with the deed. I've changed the practice area for you so that attorneys who handle real estate can chime in.

This is general advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.

Occurred in VA. Not certain if I have a case. I am bipolar (bad) and on Disability for it. Was in a 10 yr relationship, and was very controlling. After I found out about the cheating, I dug and found out more and more. I have been hospitalized 2x and thought I had the support and love. I am on 6 different psych meds, and when all this cheating took place in our Chesapeake home, I was faced with what I thought was my only option. I was super medicated (more than normal) when I was told I had to sign the deed over to him. My lawyer never mentioned I had options, such as a buyout. Had I known that, I wouldn't have signed. I was forced to sign, against my will, as I was heavily sedated/drugged. I have all the medical/psych documentation proving this. I signed, as I feared going to VB Psych again. Because I was under extreme emotional distress and mental anguish, I feel that my legal representation failed me. That was in Feb 2013. Now that I moved to CT, I didn't know if I had any legal recourse, as my illness was clouding me and I didn't really know what I was doing. Would my mental state, drugs and dosages play a part? I feel it should but I don't know the law. I would have chosen a buyout if I knew I had that choice. I truly got screwed from every direction, as I was still in a drugged stupor. Would this constitute mental impaired status, and make that deed signing revocable? I know that mental impaired may have some rights, but would they cover something like this? I had to wait with this, until I was advised to go back to my medication regimen. Although I signed the deed, the mortgage company caught up and wanted me to sign an Obligator form. I did not sign. If this is a case you can work with, please advise. If not, just let me know. Thank you.