Do I have a claim with my state farm homeowners insurance. Entering the shower I slipped went through the shower door

Orange, CA |

I had an accident going into the tub / shower I slipped on the tile with the supporting leg as I was stepping over the tub into the shower hitting the glass door which shattered and went down hitting the floor which knocked me out for what I believe to be a second or two to seeing a lot of blood and me laying in glass I called a friend who has helped me clean up and I am still pulling glass out of my leg which is now getting infected and need to have a procedure to remove glass and I have been in great pain and want this fixed and the shower door fixed

1. Homeowners protects you from claims by others. Cannot sue yourself. Is this a new home? Was the glass door properly resistant? I doubt very much that you have a claim. Sorry.

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff www.nyelderinjurylaw.com

2. Sorry. I don't think so. Generally, homeowners' insurance does not cover a claim like this. Good luck.

3. Generally, homeowner's insurance Pays to defend and indemnify you against claims brought by others for personal injury or property damage sustained at your home, and doesn't come into play if you yourself are injured at home. Hopefully you have medical insurance which pays your medical expenses.

Not legal advice, just my two cents. I don't practice law in California or hold licensure there. Cnsult California counsel to obtain legal advice. I practice in Vermont ONLY.

4. Homeowners insurance pays for claims others make against you. It will not cover you for your own injury.

If you feel this is the "best" answer or is "helpful," please indicate. Since I am limited to the information you provide, I cannot guarantee the accuracy of the answer. You should seek the advise of an attorney who can explore all aspects of your question. This communication does not form an attorney client relationship.

5. You can not sue yourself and have your own homeowners pay otherwise we might have an epidemic of home accidents. There is a possibility that you could have a products liability claim. It won't cost you anything to discuss this with a local experienced personal injury/product liability attorney.

6. I wonder if you have a claim for negligence and/or strict liability against someone (hopefully not yourself) for the type/condition of the shower door, tile, etc. A person should not be faced with unreasonable risks of slip & fall in bathrooms and, should a fall somehow occur, there damned well shouldn't be endangerment by broken glass. Please consult with a local personal injury attorney with experience in "premises liability" and "products liability". Any contribution through negligence on your part would serve to reduce the value of your claim.

7. No, your homeowners insurance does not cover injuries to the policyholder. If you had a guest who slipped and sustained injuries, that guest could make a claim, but not you.