Do I have a claim against a movie theater where I tripped and fell on a step inside the theater and hit my head broke my glasses

Orange, CA |

the movie theater was bright when I walked in and suddenly went dark when the movie began and I didn't see the change in elevation.

I received a cut in my eyebrow and received hospital emergency room service.

1. Yes you could but the damages probably are minimal.

This is not a comprehensive answer and it is impossible to provide a meaningful response without a consultation. Call us for more information. 619.797.5456 www.mataelelaw.com

2. Most likely, so get your head checked out, and have a local personal injury lawyer investigate.

3. This would be a difficult claim to establish. Negligence depends on proving that something was fundamentally unsafe, a violation of a building safety code, or statute,. Your claim would be offset because some of the fault will be attributable to your conduct.

This is not intended as legal advice. It is only provided for educational purposes and cannot be relied upon as legal advice. Further no attorney client relationship is or has been formed by answering this question.

4. Its possible. But if your only damage is the broken glasses and a brief headache this will be a good matter to pursue through small claims - if you are unsuccessful in making a claim with the movie theater insurance carrier.

5. It would depend on the level of assumption of risk, since your injury claim is going to be evaluated based on your whether your conduct was the cause of the accident. The theatre's level of care to avoid unreasonable risk of harm has to be measured. More facts need to be known to determine if their was negligence in the construction of the steps or if any responsibilities were neglected by employees. Speak with a personal injury attorney if your injuries are major, or alternatively, consider filing a small claims suit if they are minor.

The information provided here is for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. Bergener & Associates, PLC is a personal injury practice serving accident victims and their families in the State of California only. No individuals should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any answers to questions without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice from an attorney licensed in their state. Transmission of information via this website does not create an attorney-client relationship between any attorney at Bergener & Associates and any recipient, nor is it intended to do so. The content provided does not create any warranty, express or implied. Hiring a lawyer to represent you is an important decision and should not be based solely on advertising. For more personal injury information visit us at http://www.bergenerlaw.com

6. That is a tough case! Going to a movie, you should be hypersensitive to the environment. We're they negligent for turning out the lights to start the movie? I would need more details but sounds tough!

DISCLAIMER: The information gathered from this website, Tryk Law or Benjamin P. Tryk is not legal advice. If you are in search of legal advice, you should consult with an attorney about your specific situation. Communicating with Tryk Law, Accident Injury Attorneys through the use of this website does not establish an attorney/client relationship. You should not disclose any information that you consider confidential until an attorney/client relationship has been created.