Do i have a claim against a dr prescribing addictive meds and he has never seen me professionally, i've seen dr not him

Asked over 1 year ago - Houston, TX

the dr on the prescription i have never seen thought i was seeing the dr but he is a fake do i have any case against him?

1. Mark John Caruso

Pro

2

Answered . You might be a co conspirator with the doctor, so I wouldn't sue the doctor. I would leave this one alone.

2. Christopher Edward Ezold

Pro

2

Answered . Before I respond to your inquiry, I must state that we have not spoken, I have not reviewed the relevant documents and facts, and I do not represent you. Therefore, my discussion below is not a legal opinion, but is informational only. Finally, my discussion applies only to issues to which Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey or Federal law applies, unless otherwise specified.

That being said, I am unclear as to whether you have been damaged at all. The medication is addictive - have you become addicted? Merely having a different doctor's name on the prescritption would not create a claim in which you have damages. However, if you have suffered some damage from the medication, you should speak with a medical malpractice attorney in your area.

If you would like to discuss this matter further, please feel free to contact me at the below address(es) or telephone number.

/Christopher E. Ezold/

The Ezold Law Firm, P.C.
    Employment, Business and Health Law
    One Belmont Avenue, Suite 501
    Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
    (610) 660-5585
    Cezold@Ezoldlaw.com
    www.ezoldlaw.com

3. Jesse David Hoffman

Answered . Assuming that the arms length doctor based his prescription on medical records from the doctor who purportedly conducted the face to face evaluation, then it's not necessarily negligent for him to have prescribed you a medication based upon the original doctors analysis. I'm a little confused about the facts of your case, but it may be more important from your perspective that you had a fake doctor recommending an addictive substance for you. If you knowingly duped a doctor into prescribing you a controlled substance by sending him records you knew were fake, then you may have more liability concerns than the arms length doctor you are considering a suit against.