Do I have a civil right to receive mail?

Minneapolis, MN |
Filed under: Civil rights

I have researched to see if I have the right granted by the Constitution of the United States. I didn't find anything that I could refer to.

Hello. I would need to know further details of the problem in order to provide appropriate legal advice. Should you need further attorney assistance: Some attorneys, myself included, will confer for free, at no charge. Then, if legal work is performed, some attorneys, myself included, will provide a reduced fee for need. All the best.

Tricia Dwyer, Esq., Criminal Law, Constitutional Law, Landlord-Tenant Law, Housing Law, Rule 14 Qualified Neutral, Minnesota Supreme Court Roster Mediator, Tricia Dwyer, Esq. & Associates PLLC, Phone: 612.296-9666 EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR until 8 p.m. daily. See www.dwyerlawfirm.net

There is nothing in the Constitution which guaranties you the right to receive mail. If you are having a problem, you might try contacting your local postmaster, or if he or she is the problem, head on up the USPS ladder.

Don't believe you will find an enumerated right to receive mail in the Constitution.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this matter.

Civil rights topics