Do I have a chance to win?

Minot, ND |

I was arrested last night for driving with a suspended license when me and my friend were digging out my car that got stuck in the snow. The officer stopped by us when both of us were outside trying to dig it out. Yeah we had been drinking and ya the car is registered to me, but the car was stopped, turned off and in park. NO one was driving it. He tried to get me for DUI, but i wasnt over the limit, so i wasnt charged and my friend had less drinks than me, so he could have been driving. I have a suspended license for DUI in the past, but should i have been charged with DUS when the car wasn't being driven. How does the cop really know who was driving?

You may have a pretty good defense there if the state does not come up with a witness that can place you behind the wheel of the car. However, it is not possible to tell you how this case is going to go without reading the police report, getting all of the discovery from the prosecutor, and knowing exactly what that cop is going to say in court. Contact a criminal defense attorney immediately and don't talk to anyone about the case.