Do i have a chance to fix my husbands papers?

Asked over 1 year ago - Del Rio, TX

my husband got deported in 04 for not having legal papers he then tired to cross the border in july and declared to be a us citizen he got deported and given a 5 yr punishment we sent the permission to apply and he got denied said he was inadmissable then in 2010 n tried to cross again and immigration told him he wasnt filed for the 5 yrs because someone didnt sign,,,, and given another 5 yrs the last time he crossed with false work visa

1. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

4

Answered . Because of your husband's repeated attempts at entering illegally he will have a difficult time reentering anytime soon. If your husband falsely claimed to be a US citizen then he has a lifetime bar from the US (absent very LIMITED exceptions). You should consult with an immigration attorney who can request and review his file and then advise you accordingly.

2. Veronica Tunitsky

Answered . What border patrol might not be making clear is that the 5-year bar attached to expedited removal (if this is what it was) has nothing to do with the other bars your husband has likely triggered and which have very serious consequences:

Fraud in using false documents carries a permanent bar which can be waived by showing extreme hardship to a qualifying relative;

Multiple illegal entries triggers the permanent bar that can only be waived if the person spends 10 years abroad;

False claim to us citizenship, however, is a bar that cannot be waived under the current law.

Unfortunately, your huaband's choices have put your family in a rather unfortunate situation. Perhaps future changes in the law will offer some relief, but the truth is that these kind of issues are probably not going to be excused. I'm sorry.