Do I have a cause of action against AVVO for their bogus rating system of attorneys?

Dallas, TX |

I recently noticed that if someone "googled" my name, they would see prominently displayed, the AVVO rating fro of 6.9. Some attorneys might consider that rating to be complementary, but I consider it defamatory and misleading. It says that I lack institutional recognition, but this is completely false. I have been licensed for 29+ years, and have for years had an AV Rating from Martindale Hubbell. I have been mentioned in the Wall Street Journal and D Magazine for my expertise years ago. I have spoken and lectured for the Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, the Dallas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, the Dallas Young Lawyers Association, and the Criminal Clinic at SMU. I have been mentioned in more than several Dallas Morning News articles throughout the years. What gives?

Have you listed all those speaking engagements and publications in your Avvo profile? If you do that, your "industry recognition" score will go up and so will your overall score. If you can get peers to endorse you, that will help too.

If you're a lawyer in Texas, you should know that statements of opinion are not actionable.

Recommended articles about Personal injury