Do I have a case to sue against Acs and the fostercare agency for holding my 3 children in care for 18 months off a false claim?

Asked 9 months ago - Jamaica, NY

My children were coming home June 2012 on a trial discharge, until i was wrongly accused of committing domestic violence. For the past 18 months i was asked to take a neglect charge for the 4 child who was born in may 2012 and in my care . i refused and asked for a trial. i finally received the date on 12/11/13 and the charge of domestic violence was dismissed. So , basically my children are in care for nothing. I am also currently going to court for a TPR of my children. Everything after June 2012
was illegal and My children are still in care. Can i sue due to the dismissal and my children being held in care because of that accusation? I have two other children at home the first one under supervision and the second not. Please help me get my children home! thank you

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Steven Zalewski


    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . you do not have a case against a government agency that acts in good faith and under the color of law even if the charges against you turn out to be bogus and yes that is unfair but that is the way it is

    Call for a free consultation any time 718-263-6800. We are here to help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,995 answers this week

3,107 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,995 answers this week

3,107 attorneys answering