Do I have a case to pursue a nail salon for an infection?

Lake Charles, LA |

I had a full set nails at a salon on Jan 4,2013; 2 days later my left ring finger was swollen and inflamed; 4 days later went to urgent care; was diagnosed as (Felon infection) given antibiotics and shot; referred to hand specialist; had surgery to release pus; also had xrays and culture samples; the finger is healing; still a little puffiness. Have pictures and Doctors reports.

1. Contact local and qualified counsel, save the nails and the receipt. You may have a viable case. Specifically, causation and damages need to analyzed. Good luck.

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff www.nyelderinjurylaw.com

2. Save all of the evidence and consult a personal injury lawyer to see if you have a viable claim. Take photos of your injuries.

3. I am very sorry to hear about your injuryies. Yes, you should contact a personal injury attorney in or around Lake Charles. Take the pictures and doctors reports with you when you seen the attorney so that he/she can review them. Most personal injury attorneys are willing to provide a free consultation so you should take advantage of that. Best of luck.

Mr. Crosner is licensed to practice law in California and has been practicing law in California since 1978. The response herein is general legal and business analysis.. It is not intended nor construed to be "legal advice" but rather it is analysis, and different lawyers may analyze this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

4. You need to consult an injury attorney with all the evidence. Hopefully you documented everything very well.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.

5. Nail salons typically have insurance. Retain a local personal injury lawyer to investigate a claim against them. I'm glad to hear that your finger is healing, and perhaps some ice will resolve the puffiness.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com