Do I have a case to get the salon to cover my medical costs if they left a burn on my neck from a perm?

Denver, CO |

I got a hair perm this week, and it left a wide burn on my neck that is scabbing and beginning to scar. I believe that the woman giving me my perm was being neglectful as she was squirting solution on my face and even got some in my eye. They never warned me that chemical burning was a risk in getting this perm. If this does end up leaving a scar, do I have a case in getting them to cover my medical costs for scar removal, and for consulting a doctor about it?

You can retain a local personal injury lawyer to get compensation

You can talk with a personal injury attorney. However, most of the ones that I know would not take this case because the damages are simply too low to make it worthwhile for them.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested in his legal services, feel free to call Chris at (303) 409-7635 at his law office in the Denver Tech Center. All initial consultations are free of charge.

You do potentially have a case if you can prove that the stylist was negligent and her negligence caused your damages. You really would need to call an attorney specializing in personal injury to consult about your potential claim and talk about the risks and benefits about moving forward.

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes